The day of our Ladypedal Festival is here!! Today 1pm-7pm in Alexandra Park!! Come along!!
A CELEBRATION OF WOMEN’S CYCLING FOR ALL AGES AND ABILITIES
Bored of traffic, low on cash, or want to take back control of your commute? – Why not get pedaling?!
In a city as flat as Manchester, cycling is often the quickest, most direct and cheapest way to get around the city, so what’s stopping you?
Many women feel unsafe or nervous about cycling on the roads – rush hour traffic, dark streets and the risk of punctures can be intimidating…
It’s time to take back control in a day of WORKSHOPS, MUSIC, PERFORMANCES and FREEBIES provided by a collaboration of Manchester cycling groups and artists.
We have a cracking line up for you guys !
1: Opening from Mica Sinclair and spoken word by Cherelle Henry
1.30: intimate tunes from Laura Farrow
2: music from Caoilfhionn Rose
2.30: talk from Anna Stephenson-Boyles
Followed by the one and only bicycle dance troupe – THE SPOKES!!!!
3.10: fine sweet melodies from Caitlin Gilligan
Then a short dance from a lady named ella!
4: Jez Sings Things – piano melodies and hysterical words
Words from Jodie Anne Pollitt
5: a one women adventurer on her bike – stories and a talk
5.30: Anna Percy – think bikes and sonnets.
Then some more words from the wonderful Aeve Ribbons
Followed by Alana Bondi with her loop pedal and gripping melodies.
And last but most certainly not least we will have some beautiful heart opening songs from Anna Bailey
1-2: Beginners maintenance workshop with Sylwia
2-3: Lady Pedallers puncture repair
2.30-4.30: Dr Bike drop-in with Revolve
4-5: Lady Pedallers puncture repair
5-6: Lady Pedallers puncture repair
5-7: Beginners bike polo session!
For kids and adults alike – Facepainting from 2-4pm and a number of crafty options through the day!
– Henna with Hina
– Craft drop-in where we’ll be making a collaborative Lady Pedal banner!
– Get tagged! Join the Lady Pedal community and add our logo to your high-vis or get a temporary Lady Pedal tattoo.
– Bling your bike! Cycling with ALL the frills!
– Swap shop – bring clothes, tools, bits of bike, or anything else you’ve got lying around
This festival will act as a launchpad to promote a supportive cycling network, specifically for women to:
– Encourage women from all ages and walks of life to cycle
– Promote the value of cycling in bringing communities closer
– Teach members of the community to cycle and/or basic maintenance skills.
Sponsors; ‘The Big Bike Revival’ ‘Cycle UK’
Support and Follow the Festival and us on Facebook or Twitter