*PLEASE NOTE – THIS COURSE IS NOW FULL*
If you have not registered and received confirmation you will not be able to participate due to limited facilities.
This Sunday 15th January, Lady Pedal is offering a free, full day, intermediate bike maintenance course run by a qualified instructor in collaboration with TFGM. Open to Lady Pedallers and affiliates. Designed for those with a pre-existing interest in cycling/bikes who are able to carry out basic procedures such as puncture repairs.
The course content will be flexible and may cover
- Brake adjustment. Inspection/fitting inner and outer cables – lubricating
- Gear adjustment/indexing. How a derailleur works. Inspection/fitting of cables – lubricating
- Chains – Lubrication/Inspection/ break and re-join
- Adjusting hub bearings
- Bottom bracket and headset inspection/adjustment
- Recommendations for routine servicing
- How to identify an out of true wheel
Tools / bike stands will be provided. Please bring your own bike to work on (in specific cases a bike could be provided – please message us to arrange).
Tea and coffee will be available but lunch is not provided
Hosted by Rapha Cycle Club in Manchester city centre.
Once booked, if you are subsequently unable attend the course you must cancel your booking and/or inform TfGM as soon as possible.
Please note these courses are only open to adults (16+)